Located just minutes from the town of Penn Yan, in the Finger Lakes Region of New York, the Hart-Scott provides a comfortable and customized approach to rest and recreation on Keuka Lake. Belonging to Benjamin M. Hart and William S. Scott both vineyardists and farmers Circa 1894, the property included 25 acres of grapes and 33 acres of farmland. Over time, the Hart-Scott heirs opted to sell the property at public auction in 1916 to William C. Daniels who happened to be in town that particular day. The property sold at a lofty bid of $9,050.00 and became a known homestead for many summer boarders and great Sunday Chicken Dinners.
In 1942 the property was sold by William’s widow and since then has been the home to many other families and business enthusiasts. Co-owners William C. Brown and Launa Miller purchased the property in 2019 to provide their families and other visitors at the lake a place for rest, relaxation, and great memories.
The Hart-Scott in all its glory still remains a “classic” in spite of many renovations and decorative changes over the aura of the past. The current owners have attempted to preserve what little is left of its Federal Style Appeal while still providing visitors a place to feel at home. The house features a wrap-around porch, a spacious eat-in kitchen, formal dining room and comfortable living room. Additionally, the house offers accommodations for 13 including one King-Size Suite, four Queen-Size Rooms, one Full-Size Room, one Single-Size Room, four Full Baths and one Half Bath. Unique to the house is the second-floor kitchen and porch for extended stays and/or large family/friend gatherings.
- Location: 2816 W. Lake Rd | Penn Yan, NY
- Type: House
- Size: 4,500 sq ft
- Bedrooms: 7
- Bathrooms: 5
- Guests: 13
- Pets: Not allowed
- Smoking: Not allowed
- Accessibility: No wheelchair accessibility on second floor.
What makes the Hart-Scott so special is its great location and many other great amenities. The home is located just minutes away from downtown Penn Yan and many great shops, wineries, breweries, and distilleries. If you are interested in the “Lake Life” you are able to kayak, boat or swim…the property provides its visitors with access to the lake which includes a 20’ dock, three kayaks and two firepits. New in 2023! – We now have a boat lift and we have remodeled our boat house which is just steps from the lake’s edge. For larger parties/bookings there is more than adequate on-premise parking.
- Internet: Wireless Internet included
- Linens: Bedding, Blankets, Pillows provided
- Towels: Towels provided
- Hair Dryer: yes
- Washer: yes
- Dryer: yes
- Iron & Board: yes
- Major Appliances: Refrigerator, Microwave, Dishwasher, Stove, Double Oven, Outdoor Grill
- Small Appliances: Kurig Coffee Maker, Toaster, Blender, Tea Kettle
- Dining Areas: Formal Dining Room seats 8, Kitchenette seats 4, Upstairs Kitchenette seats 4
- Four Kitchens: Main house gourmet kitchen, full remodeled kitchen upstairs (2021), full remodeled kitchen in the suite (2022), and efficiency kitchen.
- Dishes & Utensils: Place settings for over 16 guests.
- Water Front: New dock (2021) for swimming, boating, kayaking. New boat house (2023) just steps from the sand shore, and new boat lift. (2023)
- Porches: Main level wrap around with 7 rocking chairs, side tables. Second story with 4 rocking chairs, side tables.
- Fire Pits: 2 Fire Pit areas with ample seating
- Trails: On-premise wooded trails with stream
- Kayaks: 3 kayaks with paddles
- Life Jackets: Youth, Adult Medium, Large, X-Large
- Games: Cornhole, Horseshoes, Badminton